18.2.09

Liberation!

It was such a delightful weekend in San Francisco.

Growing up, I haven't always felt the closest with my fellow girl-kind. It's hard to say when that started or why, but I just felt more comfortable around guys. This past weekend was all about being a girl. Kendall and I visited Mon. We hung out with her fabulous roommate Tara and Jenn, whom I befriended the last time I visited. It was such a wonderful weekend of art, walks, going out, dancing, affirmations and girly talks about moments of liberation. It was so nice to feel so loved and be in love with everyone. I think all the talk of liberation gave me an extra boost of confidence this week to check off one more thing on my things to do before I die: ask a guy out. I had been waiting around for the right guy to risk losing my dignity when being rejected, but just hadn't found anyone "worth it". And then I thought, it's silly for the guy to always have to ask a girl out. I'm trying to take more risks this year. We'll see how that turns out. So now, I feel the pressure of having to keep the conversation going when we do go out because I asked him. Is this what guys go through before a date? Eek. However things turn out, I think this was a good exercise for me and I encourage all women to try it at least once. It's quite liberating.

Love boldly! Live generously!

"Be your own star!" - Jenn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GRACE LIU!!!!!!!!!!!!

CALL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHO DID YOU ASK OUT?!???!?!?

I AM TICKLED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!

CALLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

=)

Mina