30.6.09

The Hollywood Bowl


Adele!
Originally uploaded by gliuoo

Cheese, crackers, wine, grapes, blanket and good music. I was a happy girl.

- Adele was so amazing. Her voice is even more sultry and wonderful live. She sang all my favorite songs and I really enjoyed her Etta James and Sam Cook covers. The string orchestra was such a lovely addition.
- Etta James was supposed to perform, but she backed out last minute because of an illness. I kind of expected this could happen because she's kinda crazy and I think has lots of medical issues from all her drug use when she was a young rising star.
- So, her replacement was Chaka Khan, who had a lot of hair. She was pretty fabulous. "I'm every woman" pretty much got everyone up dancing (except for my friend). I liked the little stories she would tell during the instrumental parts of the song. It was so dramatic. She talked about how she was a "bad girl," but then the grace of God saved her. After she went off about how much she loved God and Jesus, she finally said, "Okay, that's enough church! It's time to sing some more secular songs!"
- There was a sign language interpreter at the concert and she was so fun to watch, especially during Chaka Khan's set. The interpreter was totally dancing while signing.

"Daydreamer, sittin’ on the seat
Soaking up the sun he is a
Real lover, makin’ up the past and feeling up his girl like he’s never felt her figure before"

No comments: